Student Support

Student Life can be a stressful and anxious time for many. Whether you are a new student or a returning student, we all experience difficult moments in our lives that can impact us physically, emotionally or socially.

As such, all South West College students have access to our free confidential counselling service provided by our partners at INSPIRE WELLBEING and to support from South West College’s Safeguarding Team. Counselling is a safe place, away from your daily life, where you can talk and begin to explore issues that are causing you difficulty. There is no pressure on you and INSPIRE are there to listen and help you turn the situation around, aid you to find the answers to improve your own mental wellbeing and keep it healthy as you progress through your student years.

Counselling will help you to find the resources, qualities and skills that you have to find your own solutions to your personal problems. Students are offered up to six sessions of face-to-face counselling; access to a counsellor on your campus or another convenient location; and access to expertise on a wide range of issues that might be affecting your wellbeing.

If you would like to make an appointment to speak to the Inspire counsellor on your campus you can speak one of our student engagement officers as seen above. Alternatively students can phone 0800 389 5362 (Inspire Helpline) to arrange an onsite appointment.

As well as Counselling services, Our Safeguarding Team are here to help our students. South West College has a dedicated safeguarding team that promotes awareness of safeguarding issues and is always available to provide support to students, families and staff. In line with statutory safeguarding guidance, the College has a designated safeguarding team. This group of colleagues work closely together to provide effective safeguarding and pastoral support interventions for all students at the College.

If you think you have any concerns relating to a student or young person, member of staff or a visitor, you should report this as soon as possible by telling a trusted member of staff or a member of the Safeguarding Team.

Want to make a counselling appointment? Contact the Student Engagement Officer on your campus.